View Single Post
Old 04-23-2021, 04:19 AM
Sweets

profile gallery send pm

I actually worked at a photography studio doing digital imaging for the photography studio in Oklahoma that took 90% of the state's school pics and we did the Sr. board layouts, the class group pictures and the individuals layouts. We didn't do the actual yearbooks (thank HEAVEN) - but we did a LOT of the stages of it.

The first and biggest tip I have for you is organization AND streamlining the process for yourself. I'd setup a certain information form for the teacher/parents to fill out so that you are getting exactly the info you need in the order that you will need it.

I'm guessing that there isn't a group picture since most of the schooling has been remote & distanced... so I'll hold off on these tips.

But - as for the individual shots, I'd have each class teacher gathering all of the photos & information for their particular class - which will then be sent to you as a complete package / download. - you do NOT want to have to deal with all of the individual parents. It will be madness. Truly.
Narrow down what information will be listed with each photo.
Make sure they print.

Once you have a draft for a class done, send it back to the teacher for the proofing / making sure that all is included and correct. To make notes of all necessary changes that is then sent back to you completed (again, not piece-meal --- everything at once. I can't stress enough how much of the detail stuff should be left to the ind. class teachers. If you take on each individual student/parent and have to put it all together too, it will be MORE than a full time job)

For doing such layouts, InDesign is best (offering a ton of free templates) followed by Illustrator... but you can do it in Photoshop, or whatever your software is. ---

OK, I have a jillion more tips -- but not sure what you specifically are looking for. From the photos themselves ... to some of your layout questions. This was just a quick off the top of my head...

Feel free to message me if you'd like to visit more.