View Single Post
Old 05-16-2021, 07:22 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by StacyLynn View Post
I try to have a round about date, digital photos have the date, and older scanned ones I guess or try to read that itty bitty date stamp.

Maybe just a list or sentence of who is in the photo....
At some point, that's about the best we can do, Stacy!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimberly27 View Post
I encountered this with scrapping my oldest who is almost 17. I am way behind on his photos. He was born in 2004 and I am almost done with 2005 but when I got to his 11 month photos that I took. I don't remember what his milestones were at that time. I took notes up to about 7 months and stopped. I went back to a few older photos to get a sense of what he was doing at that age but kept it pretty vague.

Awesome layout, Kimberly!! And, honestly, I don't think it's too vague!

Quote:
Originally Posted by HavaDrPepper View Post
I've spent the last year scrapping old photos that were scanned. For a lot of those I do at least remember the event and month. I'm talking photos from the 70's and 80's! So just listing the people in the photos, why we were all together (i.e. Grandpa's birthday party) and month/year were noted. Luckily my mother had at least written the year on the back of many of these photos.

With my digital photos, I take a lot that will probably never be scrapped... I love landscape, sky, clouds, sunsets etc. I don't need to scrap all of them but I may hit upon that ultimate photo some day! For non-event photos that I want to scrap, I would probably just group them on a single layout even if they were taken at different times.

And, even though you didn't mention it, for those memories that you have no photos, I do journaling layouts for as much of the memory that I can remember. I just did one a couple months ago documenting something that happened in 1980 that I have no photos for. I saw a documentary on TV relating to the event so I took pictures of the TV, got a copy of the book about it and wrote down my still vivid memory of that day.
Thankfully in the 70s & 80s, we took a lot less photos! LOL!
I have a lot of those landscape, etc photos. I scrap them once in a while because I love the photos so much.
I love your idea about journaling memories that have no photos. I think this is important, too!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovely1m View Post
I agree with Kellie! When my son was little and I had lots of creative teams, I scrapped like every single picture and little event. Now I am trying not to scrap so much unnecessary stuff, but then again I do not take as many pictures either.
My kids pre-date digital (and I still need to scan those photos), so I use a lot of photos of my grandbabies, which is fun.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LynnZant View Post
I'm with Rachel. . .use the photo to scrap something that I do remember about the person/people in the photo.
Definitely, Lynn!!