View Single Post
Old 09-21-2021, 11:43 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

Amazing progress, Lorie! I can so relate to losing motivation and trying SO HARD not to regain. (And unfortunately, I'm failing at that big time right now. Too many other things in my life are demanding willpower and smart decision making, so I feel like I don't have any left over for food choices. It's not so much what I'm eating, just that I'm eating too much of it.)

When my will to work at weight loss isn't really there, the only way I can stop myself from gaining is to keep things super simple. For me that means figuring out a few meals that will meet my calorie goals for breakfast, lunch, dinner, and snacks and then just rotating between them. If it's that easy I might stick with it, but if I have to constantly be entering foods into an app it's too time consuming when I don't have motivation. (I put it off, then suddenly it's late in the day and I don't really remember everything or I've gone way over my limits. It's too easy to say, "Never mind--I'll get back on track tomorrow.")

I hope you can figure out what works for you!