View Single Post
Old 05-20-2020, 09:27 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Here in Maine we are somewhat in a reopening phase. No restaurants, gyms, or nail salons are open yet, but hair salons opened last week with limited clients. I haven't been and have been trimming my hair at home. Restaurants are supposed to open with limited capacity on June 1. Things are up in the air as far as other things. We now have unlimited testing, so it will be interesting to see what the numbers are now that anyone can be tested. Being a tourist state and a state where a lot of people from out of state have summer homes, it will be interesting to see what happens if we open our doors this summer to out of state travel.

For me, this has been stressful but not because I have to stay home and all that. I have to work, and work has been much much more stressful due to the virus. We try very very hard to keep our residents safe and have very strict policies in place (assisted living and memory care community). It has been hard on them and on their families and keeping everyone "happy" during this time has been very stressful. I'm very very careful in my activities outside work because I don't want to be the one who brings the virus into my work community... it could be devastating for them.

I haven't seen my guy in 2 months now... he is the primary caregiver for his 97-year old mother, and we agreed to not see each other until it is safer, for her sake. We talk on the phone constantly and Skype all the time, but of course it's just not the same as seeing each other in person.

I've been keeping busy with home projects and gardening, so that's good, but I'm really hoping that I can actually travel to see my guy the week of July 1st. We have had plans for that week and I have the time off, so I just hope things start trending down enough that we feel safe spending the week together.