View Single Post
Old 05-26-2019, 11:57 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

It sounds like a very sticky situation with varying perspectives. Its hard to see someone spend money on things you really don't think your child needs, particularly when you feel they should be saving that money. On the other hand, as a grandparent it is hard to not spoil those babies!

We have an almost 2 year old granddaughter. I really struggle with this. I want so much to spoil her, but I also know that her mom is a bit on the minimalist side. They are also military and don't need a bunch of stuff to move every few years. So many times I load up a cart (online) with things that I want for Jaymes, then I close the window and walk away. I've decided to start putting that money aside each time and giving them cash for her instead. Jaymes is our first and only grandbaby. However, she's not the first on any of her other grandparent's sides. My stepdaughter has 5 brothers in addition to my children so Jaymes has a ton of aunts and uncles spoiling her as well. I am careful to be mindful of this so that we don't overwhelm them with things. I'd love to buy her every cute thing I see though!!