View Single Post
Old 05-09-2019, 05:39 AM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeattleSheri View Post
I don't count my pages, but I do try to think about spreading the love. My older two hate getting their pictures taken and my little guy is just an easier subject to catch right now, so he's featured in a disproportionate number of pages Plus he's changing so much (he'll be two this weekend).
Yeah, I have a daughter who always says "take a picture of me doing this" and a son who stops doing whatever I wanted to get a picture of whenever I reach for the camera

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherrygutz View Post
Since the pronoun 'you' can pertain to one or everyone else, I believe it's okay to use it, but then again it depends on how one person would see it especially kids.
Oh, I like looking at it on a grammatical level! Really only the *page* is about one child, the subject of the album is our whole family.... so "you" can just represent all of us as a unit!
Quote:
Originally Posted by jacinda View Post
I always tell my kids that they're my favourite youngest child, or favourite oldest child. They think it's super corny, as they're the ONLY oldest or youngest child, but they love it.

I'd be cautious about using "You are my favourite" on a page, unless it's in context with the theme of the page (e.g. kid vacuuming the house without being asked), but would have no hesitation using "You are my everything", "You are my Sunshine", or "Greatest blessing" etc, because they ARE my everything/sunshine/blessing. I spread the sentiments on both kids layouts, so they have no problem. They just feel loved.
Haha, I have a "favorite boy" and a "favorite girl"... so as long as we don't have a third child, we're good

I do recall using a "you are my favorite" word strip on a page that just has my son on it... we spent the morning out on a mommy-son date when my daughter was just a couple months old. I remember being hesitant to use it then, too, but wrote in the journaling how nice it was to spend the morning with "my favorite boy" and decided that it wouldn't cause any major rivalry issues