Thread: Summer plans?
View Single Post
Old 06-05-2019, 12:27 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by icindi View Post
I've seen pics of the empty nest photo shoot! Too funny!!
They are funny!! I'm really hoping we'll get together to get it done!

How nice to have your oldest home for a bit! I know you'll enjoy having that time with him, Cindi!
Oh my... 7 teens is a bit much! Good luck!
It sounds like a busy, but fun summer!! Enjoy

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcgal00 View Post
Tammy - at this point they say it is unlikely that she will ever come home. But....at any time the subsidized funding for care may diminish and that would be when she would have to come home but that would not be an ideal situation b/c she is not able to perform self-care and safety for herself and we'd have to provide 24 hour care at home which would be hard. But....who knows what the future holds. I just keep saying....whatever happens we will deal with it. We just pray that the best care continues to be provided for her.
I'm sorry to hear that, Rae. It would be a lot of work on you to have to do all of her care. I'll be praying for you all

Quote:
Originally Posted by knittingbec View Post
Haha, oh yes, always! We probably have 6 or 7 meals planned out already! First stop is a Mexican restaurant-- we haven't had one available to us for 8 months!! And "good" pizza, too.
That's awesome, Rebecca!! That's one of the joys of being "home"!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacinda View Post
We're heading into winter now, so I'm a little jealous of everyone's hot weather. We'll be buckling down indoors for the next wee while.

When summer does arrive however (dec/jan), we're coming to the States!!! Yay!!! Still in the planning stages, but definitely doing Las Vegas, Orlando and a Bahamas cruise. Kids and I are SO excited. Hubby not so much I hope it all pans out!

Lydia! We'll have to figure out a way to meet up if weather permits.
I always forget that the other side of the world is on the opposite season as us.
Jacinda, I'll trade the hot weather for colder weather! LOL! I'm not a fan of summer... other than rafting down the river, which almost makes it worth the weather!
How long will you be in the states in Dec/Jan??! That's exciting!!