View Single Post
Old 06-19-2021, 12:33 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by rach3975 View Post
Any changes in habits these past few months? If you had asked a week ago I'd have said we went from being home almost all the time to something closer to normal: 2 of the kids going to in-person school 4x a week, DH going into the office once or twice a week, and me working out of the house 1-2 days a week. But now it's summer break for me and the kids, which is its own whole change of routine.

Any new book/tv/movie recommendations? Umm...not right now. I read a lot but am terrible at making recommendations.

Any summer plans? Yes! (It feels so good to type that after the past year!) We rented a house near Lake Anna for a week, and that's where we are now. Yesterday we took a day trip to Charlottesville, VA and my rising senior did his first college visit. The University of Virginia just started offering in person tours this week. In a few weeks everyone in the house will be fully vaccinated, then we'll go see my family in CT for the weekend--we haven't seen them since January 2020. The kids and I will go back for longer in August, but DH can't.

Doing anything special to take care of "you"? Not working for the summer I've also just been accepted into grad school for the fall. I'm a preschool teacher and will be working on a masters in early childhood special ed. It will take me a while to finish the degree with work and family, but when I do I'd like to teach a preschool special ed class through the public schools.
We just got our 2nd vaccine this wk so we're excited to visit with our family soon too. It's been too long.