View Single Post
Old 06-20-2021, 04:58 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Any changes in habits these past few months?
Working on this. I'm (finally!) off work for a few weeks and ready to get my house in shape. I have started meditation using the Balance app and have completed 33 consecutive days. I can't say that meditation has changed anything for me yet, but I'm hoping it eventually helps me with focus. Oh, I also started intermittent fasting again. I feel better when I fast and I don't have as much inflammation. I didn't actually lose weight last time though, but my clothes fit better.

Any new book/tv/movie recommendations?
I'm reading a lot of text books right now. I did read The Handmaid's Tale and The Testaments recently. I wanted to read both before going back and catching up on the TV show.

Any summer plans?
I NEED to get my house in order. My house hasn't been clean since I went back to school. I had no time off last summer, so I am thankful for a few weeks this summer to work on that! I WANT to take a trip with hubby somewhere, even a short overnight. I am looking forward to my granddaughter's 4th birthday party in July. They live in CA now and we are in KS so we don't see them often. My stepdaughter has family in OK and will be hosting the birthday party there. We have a grandson born last September who we haven't got to meet yet, so this is a special visit! It's been almost 2 years since we saw them thanks to Covid. All of us have been fully vaccinated for a while except the 15 year old who hits 2 weeks post vac on Tuesday. I'm ready to do something now!

Doing anything special to take care of "you"?
Anything outside the 'habits' question? Not really. I need to get in to see a dermatologist about my rosacea and I really think I need to have a blood panel done as well as a thyroid test. I always put it off.