View Single Post
Old 09-06-2021, 10:18 AM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

My fun thing that I do outside of scrapbooking is Fortnite compliments of my middle child who has since abandoned the game due to the world opening back up, being back in school and able to get out of the house. Through it all, I found 12 amazing people who we call family, chat in messenger, video chat and talk on the phone. We are even planning a meet up next year to finally meet one another. So while we all play a "child's game", we were all brought together when the world shut down. For some of us, it was an escape from reality, a way for us to be around people and hear people in a time where you couldn't leave your home, a place to just veg after a long and hard day where you could mindlessly play a game with some adult laughter/banter. Some of us take the game too seriously. Some of us are challenge oriented and play just to check off challenges and some of us just play to be around people.

This is my fun and something that I'm glad my daughter asked me to play with her and her friends because not only did I find my Fortnite family who gave me so much strength and encouragement to get through my hardest part of my life, I also grew closer to my daughter and was able to "be there" for her friends who don't have good parental support.