View Single Post
Old 05-21-2011, 06:45 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

My older daughter (15) is in charge of unloading the dishwasher and helps me cook most of the time. My son (16) mows the lawn most of the time and is in charge of trash.

Of the other chores, my husband loads the dishwasher. He doesn't like how the rest of us do it, so he does that. He works 12 hour days but has most Fridays off so about once a month he'll deep clean our living room (before he sits on his butt and watches movies all day).

I do everything else. Laundry, cooking, bathrooms, kitchen. I work full time during the school year. Usually in the summer, Dan will quit doing even his very few chores because I'm home and should pick up the slack. I'm teaching summer school this year (to make extra money for family vacations) so we'll see what that means for our house.

The whole family goes grocery shopping. My husband actually enjoys it. There are some times I'll go do it by myself and that's OK, but if I'm heading out and he's home, he'll go with me. I spend less when he's not with me.