View Single Post
Old 05-22-2011, 11:37 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

This is all good insight! You've all just saved my DH! LOL

I was having a day yesterday. I *feel* like I am the only one that sees what needs to be done inside this house and it's getting on my nerves. Why can't people clean up after themselves??!! I like a clean house. Not immaculate, just clean/tidy. I like order.

So the kids have their daily chores, including unloading the dishwasher, vacuuming, dusting the living room and tidying bathrooms. Then on other days, they take out the garbage, recycling, kitty litter, etc.

DH owns his own business, so he can be home lots, but he can work long, hard hours as well. I own my own business, I am an in-home child care provider, so while I am home every day, I am still working and caring for 5 children during the day (2 babies) and then the girls also when they're home from school.

So here's the lists...

Me:
mine/kids laundry
dishes/kitchen clean-up throughout the day
supervision/help with the chores
washing the floors
changing the bedding
kitty maintenance
90% meals
98% bedtime routines

DH:
all "man" maintenance of the house and yard (although I can and will do some)
paying bills/finances

We share:
gardening/mowing lawns
running/driving kids

So really...I guess it works out. DH does help out a lot around the house and sometimes it comes and goes in spurts. He leaves his clothes laying everywhere throughout the house, paperwork/coffee mugs/keys and other junk gets left in MY workspace (kitchen counters) and sometimes you know, it just gets to me.

Anyway, thanks for all your answers.