View Single Post
Old 05-22-2011, 03:54 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via MSN to mummytothree

Quote:
Originally Posted by paperboutique View Post
He leaves his clothes laying everywhere throughout the house, paperwork/coffee mugs/keys and other junk gets left in MY workspace (kitchen counters) and sometimes you know, it just gets to me.

Anyway, thanks for all your answers.
I have since read that he has a "box" you put stuff into but I thought I'd give you another good tip and I actually started this because of my kids leaving stuff laying around...I always felt like I was nagging them (and they felt this way too) when I would have to tell them 3 and 4 times to pick something up and put it away.

But I read somewhere (who knows I wander the internet so much and I actually might have read it her at SSD) to purchase a dry erase board and when you are going about your day and you come upon an article that does not belong...write it on the board for example I do this:

DD #1:
Green sock on basement step
Book on kitchen counter
Clothes in dryer

DD#2:
Clothes on wooden rack
Littlest Pet shop in bathroom
purple shirt in mudroom

DS #1
Legos on couch
shoes in laundry room
belt in bathroom

Then when they get home they look at the board and put the stuff away and when it's done they cross it off...then I don't have to nag them over and over and they can feel like they have some control over when it gets done!! But this could work for your hubby too!!!

It saves a lot of fights in our hours...especially with the 13 and 9 year old girls!!!

Elizabeth

Blogging for Kristin Cronin-Barrow