View Single Post
Old 04-14-2022, 01:54 PM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lidia G View Post
I use PSE 2020 and we don't have paths. Do you know if there's a work around for that? I too always struggle putting text into a shape. I end up making a new layer for each line of text and just play with aligning them within the shape. It's a bit of work but so far it's the only way I know how to do it. Thanks for starting this thread!
Lidia, I've been playing around with this in PSE 2022 and while PSE doesn't have custom paths, there is a workaround to get text into a custom shape. It's not perfect but you can put text inside a shape. You have to use the shape tool to do this and can add and subtract from shapes to get a custom shape to put the text where you would like it.

Draw a base shape with the shape tool.

While you're still on the shape layer, get the text tool and hover over the shape. The cursor will be the text cursor with a dotted circle around it. Click down anywhere inside the shape. This will make a text box layer above the shape layer. Then, click on the eye to hide the shape layer so you can see your text. Go back to the text layer and double click to type your text and you've got text in a shape.

Let's say you only want a half circle of text. Go to the shape layer and turn the visibility back on. Then while on the shape layer, get the square shape tool and click on the subtract from selection icon. Then draw a square to make a half circle shape.

Then you will get the text tool and do the same as before by clicking anywhere inside the shape.

Last if you want the text to go around one side of the outside of the circle you will start with a square shape and subtract a circle shape to get your custom text shape.

I hope that helps!