View Single Post
Old 10-19-2021, 10:13 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by aussiegirl View Post
I told the girls I want Christmas (and birthday for one) lists by Nov 1st. My girls send me lists but also create lists on Pinterest so that I can "see" what specifically they want!

We are keeping things less expensive and smaller this year. I think we will go back to 4 gifts each total- Want, Need, Wear, Read. Our budget is tighter this year so that should work ok. We also applied for a puppy (through a foster program) so the girls were told if we get him, that would be a big part of their Christmas gift this year).

As far as shipping concerns, my husband works for a shipping company and I know how hard they work! As much as I would LOVE for him to help get all of your gifts to you on time, I would also like to see him some and do things as a family! During the slower parts of the year he already is working 12+ hours a day. They have block out times between the beginning of Nov through Jan where they can't take any days off. So, expecting them to work even harder to get you your gifts, means less time he has to spend with his own family. Just another side of the equation to look at!
Well I want him at home with his family too..... I tell my kids to roll with it if it doesn't arrive on time. Could be worse, it could be during the pony express days. LOL. I like how you do the gift selection. Sometimes I feel bad for my kids because their friends have these huge piles a gifts around the tree, but we keep it relatively reasonable and sensible. I'm probably to low key for them.....I like practical as well.