View Single Post
Old 10-27-2019, 04:27 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I was raised by my grandmother. My mom was in and out of the picture so at times we definitely had 3 or more generations living together.

When I was around 5 we lived in a house that was broke up into separate wings that all broke off of a common dining room. One wing was my mom and her husband. Another was my uncle and his wife. The third was my teenage aunt, my grandma, my younger brother and me. The basement often housed my uncle's best friend and whatever girl he was with at the time. Each of the wings had a kitchen. The side we lived in had the big kitchen, the others had smaller ones (like a kitchenette, I guess). We had a family room that everyone shared but each of their spaces had a sitting area as well as one bedroom. Our side had 2-3 bedrooms. I don't remember for sure. It was a big house though. The dining room that separated the wings was massive.

In most of our other houses, there was not separate living quarters. My mom would just lock herself into a bedroom and spend most of her time there.