View Single Post
Old 08-13-2019, 04:51 PM
Sweet Tooth

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jlmurrell View Post
Hi All - just a couple of questions about kit use:

1. Do you also save the zipped files?
2. Do you typically use each kit to make just one page, or multiple uses?
3. Do you remove kits from your 'database' once they've been used as many times as preferred?
4. How do you handle kits that are retired/from retired designers?

Thank you for taking the time to answer!

1.) i download everything, unzip it, get rid of any bloat files, then compress it again and send it to my server. (I have a QNAP bay and its super worth it for all of your digital storage!)

2.) I try to use every kit I buy as much as possible. It's not always possible because sometimes i buy things that are super pretty but don't necessarily fit my family's lifestyle. My fav designer (flergs) has a real talent for making all of her past and present kits work with color schemes so I can use hers and mix and match to my hearts content.

3.) i don't remove kits no matter how many times i use them. after i've used them, or admired their artistry, i put them onto a more official archive on my server. i view them as my baseball card or stamp collection. i want to keep them. 5 years from now, i wanna look at them and remember how happy and excited i was to buy them and hopefully use them.

4.) for retired designers, i move their art into my retired artist folders. if an active designer has retired kits but has no intention of retiring themselves, i create a retire folder within the master designer folder i've created for them. if i dont use a kit within 6 months, i move it to a folder in my master retire folder for them and move it there so i can still cherish it lol

i try not to completely delete anything. if i have to, i look at the oldest kits i've bought, look to see if it's one of my absolute favorite designers and how much old work has held up to more modern print resolutions before i delete. such a hard decision though that i try not to have to make lol