View Single Post
Old 08-21-2013, 12:01 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

The facebook-as-pinterest thing drives me batty as a blogger. Several of my blogger friends (and myself) have been really negatively impacted by the trend of pages posting those things.

On Pinterest, when they pin, it links to our blog post most of the time, and we are able to continue getting views and credit for our creations. On Facebook, pages will post the full text of the recipe, and often share OUR photos-- with watermarks cropped out. Views have dropped, which in turn makes it harder for us to make a living. It really has caused problems and made business a little bit more difficult (especially when so much of our business depends on pageviews).

As for gum smacking, I about turned into people smacking because a gum smacker at church was sitting behind me and LOUDLY smacking during prayer. I wasn't the only one irritated. My lack of focus (due to the smacking) made me peek around, and MANY glares were thrown her way. I know that we should all be more patient, especially with church, but Lord help me, the gum smacking is one thing I can hardly handle.

New Siggy Coming Soon