View Single Post
Old 08-23-2013, 05:46 AM
Sugar Baby

profile gallery

Quote:
Originally Posted by KristinCB View Post
oh wow that would have made me soo mad, libby!!

That actually does remind me of my current pet peeve! For a MONTH at least once a week we have been getting a call from the people who try to scam you out of money and wreck your computer. I don't know if these calls happen as much in the states but they call from india with a private number and say they are from microsoft and try to get you to give them access to your computer and they'll "fix" what is wrong. Every time I tell them to stop calling or just hang up but yesterday i got SO SO mad and started yelling at the guy and I told him that I hope he sleeps well at night when he knows he is scamming people out of money. I was so close to swearing at him!
This one reminds me of the call I got from a strange phone number. Caller claimed he was from Microsoft and that they detected a virus in my computer so he called to help me remove it. Said it'll cost me a few bucks but at least, my computer would be working properly again. But I knew it was a bluff right away. Why wouldn't I? I don't have a Windows computer. I got a Mac.