View Single Post
Old 05-09-2019, 12:42 PM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tree City View Post

I have one son and one daughter. "You are my sunshine" doesn't seem bad to say about one of my kids. The WA doesn't say--which means I'm not saying--"you are my sunshine but your brother is the BLACK CLOUD THAT POURS RAIN ON MY HEART." "
LOL... yes, I'm pretty sure I don't have any journal cards that say "you are my black cloud" that I could use on the facing page

Quote:
Originally Posted by craftytam View Post
My boys are 18 & 19. You'd think that "favorite" wouldn't be a problem, but my oldest is going through some issues right now, and thinks that his younger brother is our favorite (so totally not true...we've never favored one over the other).
So, I guess it depends on your kids, but I don't use them.
So you're telling me I'm going to be thinking about this kind of thing for at least 10-15 more years?!
But really, this is something interesting to consider... maybe right now my kids don't feel like I have a "favorite" (because I don't, of course!) but they could definitely go through a phase somewhere down the line.

Quote:
Originally Posted by scrapchyck View Post
Maybe if you were doing a page about all of your kids then something like "you are my sunshine" or "my world" would make sense. But not just for one kid, unless that's all you have. LOL
This makes sense. I asked my husband (youngest of 7) what he thought and he said "avoid". I (only child) thought more along the lines of "as long as I use them on both kids' pages". But of course, I know without a doubt that I am my parents' #1. Well, until my kids came along and my dad told me I now waver between #3 or 4 (which is strange, as I only have 2 kids...hmmm....)