Thread: Covid Check-in
View Single Post
Old 10-24-2021, 09:04 PM
So Sweet

profile gallery send pm

In Ohio, we only have recommendations, no restrictions. Except health care facilities still require a mask. I have no problem with that.

We were under various levels of health orders from March 2020 to June 2021. The level of orders at the end were not that restrictive but unfortunately the legislature for the state decided to pass a bill that the Governor can no longer put public health mandates in place. The governor vetoed it, but there is a mechanism in our state by-laws that can actually over ride that. So now, no Governor going forward (or even the state health department) can put any kind of mandates in place during a public health crisis. SMH

As for now, Ohio has had a bad period and things are looking better. Considering we were down to less than 100 cases per day in May/June, we were up to over 5000 cases per day in Sept/October. Just today was 2540, the 2nd lowest number in 2 months.

My immediate area is not doing good at all. Ohio does a weekly calculation of the # of cases per 100,000 residents for every county. For those counties less than 100,000 the formula takes that into account. The numbers come from the reported cases for the previous 2 week period. We have 88 counties. On 10/14, my county had the 8th highest number of cases in the state (847.6 cases per 100,000). This week we dropped to 21st (619.9 cases per 100,000). And, the local schools... 90 cases so far this school year that started on 8/25. There were only 95 cases the whole 20/21 school year and yes, they were in session all year.

And, the vaccination rates for the state are below the national average by about 12%.

So I am very thankful I'm retired and can stay home.