View Single Post
Old 05-23-2022, 11:26 PM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by stephc777 View Post
A few years ago we were floating the river that runs through our town. I was riding on the front of the raft and we ended up getting pulled to the side of the river and under some low hanging branches. I got pushed onto my back into the bottom of the raft as we were going under the branches and then the front of the raft gone hung up on branches and was going under the water. Water started pouring into the front of the raft. I was stuck on my back and couldn't help my husband get the raft unstuck. We had our kids with us but they were further back in the raft. I remember thinking, "This is how people die floating down the river." We had floated it 20+ times before and never had a problem. He was finally able to get it unstuck and the front of the raft bobbed up and I was able to get out of the bottom of the raft. But it was a pretty scary few minutes I won't forget.
Oh my goodness, I'm scared just reading this!! How frightening to be helpless and to have your kids with you!! I'm sure you thought "this is it". You were very luck to have gotten unstuck!!