View Single Post
Old 10-16-2022, 07:16 PM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Txcorey View Post
My mom always made our costumes because she loved Halloween and could sew really well. I remember going to the fabric store, picking out patterns and fabric so she could make me the perfect costume. I love Halloween but can't really sew that well. My son is 16 now, so we are about at the point where he is too old, but when he was younger, I did at least try to really think about planning out cool costumes. We were fortunate enough that we got to go to Disney a few times during Halloween because my husband had a conference in the area. I put special thought into those costumes, and a couple were a big hit. One year Caleb was the Joker. Instead of the mask, I did a fairly good job of painting his face, and I was batgirl. Another year, he went as a box of popcorn(cutest costume ever) and I made a shirt for myself, using my cricut machine for all the lettering, with a box of popcorn on the front with handsewn popcorn kernels, and on the back it said, "popcorn 5 cents". We got so many comments about how cute our costumes were. I probably spent $100 and 80 man hours making my t-shirt, but it was so stinking cute that it was worth it.
That sounds adorable Corey. It may have been a lot of money and work, but it sounds like it paid off not only in comments, but in fun at the time and a great memory to treasure. I would agree that something like that is very much worth it.