Thread: Clumsy much?
View Single Post
Old 05-21-2018, 01:52 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by craftytam View Post
I went for the DEXA scan yesterday. Today my doctor's office called. They still don't have my xray results from the xrays they took last week (they called the wrong hospital). But, they already have the DEXA scan results & my bones show low-density.
My mom has VERY severe osteoporosis, so, needless to say, I'm quite nervous. And a bit ticked...I've been trying to get a doctor to push for the scan for at least 10 years. I'm so glad this doctor finally took it seriously!
I'm hoping that it's still mild enough that treatments will help and I won't get to the point my mom is.
Prayers and good thoughts would be very much appreciated at this point!
Yuck My bones don't absorb the iron/calcium to have healthy bones and as a result I've been pre-osterporosis since 2009. It's awful. Hopefully your doctor will be able to do a lot more than mine does. Mine just pass it off and tell me to take vitamins and then get upset with me with my blood has low numbers. My aunt has to take a ton of supplements that help her body absorb the iron and calcium and even then what would be astronomical to a normal person, it's still low for her. But my doctor's won't do anything. So here's praying your doctors take care of you and help you with this so you don't break any more bones or have problems down the road.