View Single Post
Old 09-02-2019, 01:21 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

It's still quite warm during mid day but morning and evening are really cooling off now and I really notice the shorter days now. Last week I started taking Taz for his evening walk about 1/2 hour earlier than I have all summer b/c by 6:30-7:00 (my usual summertime schedule) it's getting dark along the river path. It's still light out in the open but the shaded, dense foliaged area is getting dark by that time. I know the time is coming when it'll be dark so early in the day I won't have a choice but to walk in the dark but for now, I'm trying to get out while it's still light out.

I started putting more bird food out this wk as we are getting more birds or maybe the same birds but more often. I guess the food choices for them out in the wild starts getting slimmer now so our feeders are getting even busier. It's so much fun to watch them as I sit at the kitchen counter, sipping my coffee in the morning, reading my book.

I've started pulling out winter clothes and sorting thru them and this wkend I bought a pair of boots. We get a lot of rain in the fall/winter here so I have an assortment of boot styles depending on whether I'm hiking, walking or just out and about. I need to get some more spray protector and get them ready for wear soon.

A big change in my routine is my TV time. Lots of shows will be returning or premiering this month so I'll start watching more TV and reading a bit less. I'm excited about a lot of shows that are coming but that discussion will be another thread topic. Anyone who knows me, knows that I love my TV

Another change in routine will be in taking care of the garden. I will need to start pruning and cleaning up the garden this month before the weather gets too wet and chilly to want to do it. I slacked off over the summer and have a lot of cleanup to do out there. Today I will get the electric trimmer out and clean up the bushes at the front porch, they have completely overgrown and need to be reshaped.

Menu planning is another routine that changes in Sept. I start thinking about casseroles, crockpot dishes and heartier meals. In the summer we tend to BBQ a lot and have light meals and salads often. I'm thinking about putting a big pot of chili and spaghetti sauce on the stove this week to freeze for quick dinners. Tonight I'm going to look thru cookbooks and put together a list of recipes for the next few months. I like to print out recipes and put them in a binder I keep in the kitchen, and then swap them out for others, every 2-3 months. I still make other meals not included in the binder but its a fast easy reference when I just can't think of what I want to make.