View Single Post
Old 05-19-2020, 03:19 AM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeatherH View Post
I have the Duo 60 (6 quart) for a family of 4 and it is fine for most things. A few times I wish I had gotten the bigger one (for cooking whole chicken or multiple racks of ribs at once) but for the most part, it's been perfect. I use lots of recipes that were for the 8 quart and they were fine.

I purchased a second, non-stick pot liner since it seemed mine was always in the dishwasher!
A second liner pot is on my wishlist as well...just going to see how the IP is going to work for us first

Quote:
Originally Posted by clucaswvu04 View Post
We have a 6 qt too - and I think I would love to have a second one rather than a bigger one (because for most things for our family of 5 it is big enough for a main) but sometimes I wish I had another to cook a side and a main while we were out and about.

I have an egg trivet/rack that I love for making hard boiled eggs, and a second liner pot (I also got the nonstick one). I have a spring form pan and a couple of the pots that sit on top of each other but don't use them much (they were gifts and I have them but just haven't used them much).
Oh, I didn't see the non-stick liner pot yet. That sounds like that needs to go on my wishlist for sure. I love non-stick pans The egg trivet/rack is something I would use a lot too so better add that to my list as well.

I do think that with our family of three, the 6qt is sufficient for us. I just got notification that we will get the IP on May 27th so we got some time to maybe order a few more items and look for good recipes I would love to use the IP most days of the week.