Thread: Advent Calendar
View Single Post
Old 11-21-2008, 11:59 AM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by scarletsierra View Post

So can I ask a couple really stupid questions? I checked the how to thread and didn't really see the answers there...sorry if they are repeats.

So I love the look of the chipboard for the magnetic calendars. How do you cut chipboard? And can you punch chipboard? And where in the world to I find a crop-a-dile and how exactly do I use it? LOL. I checked out Hobby Lobby and Michael's this week and neither had one.

TIA!!
No questions are stupid

I think the crop-a-dile question has already been answered. Basically it's a hole punch (and eyelet setter) which most craft shops should stock. The crop-a-dile cuts through really thick chipboard, CDs, metal...loads

(As for round/square/shaped punches etc) I punched my chipboard for my calendar BUT I did not use very thick chipboard. If you're talking like a cereal box thickness (assuming they are the same in the US LOL!) I think most punches would cut through that. Just test carefully and see if your punch seems happy to cut through it...a little force might be needed but don't go crazy or you might ruin your punch. Otherwise I would just measure and cut using scissors or a craft knife. Hope that helps Let us know if you have anything more you want to ask about

I have tried to attach a pic of a crop-a-dile. You just squeeze the handles together
Attached Images
File Type: jpg images.jpg (2.7 KB, 0 views)

Glitter Adventure - My Blog

Last edited by Anso; 11-21-2008 at 12:21 PM.