View Single Post
Old 02-06-2019, 12:46 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Oh poor kiddo and poor momma! Have you figured out what his triggers are? Stress, foods, teeth grinding, etc?

Some years back I used to get stress-related migraines and in an effort to stop them before they were full blown I'd pop all kinds of ibuprofen, excedrin migraine, etc. I didn't know anything about migraines back then and the one thing I learned from the neurologist is that taking those medicines actually caused a rebound headache so it further perpetuated the cycle.

In the end I ended up going on a daily suppression medicine for epilepsy (which I don't have but the neurologist said something about brain synapses being similiar, blah blah blah? I don't remember much as it was 12 years ago now) and quit the headache medicines cold turkey. It took a few months to reset myself but then I only had to use Imitrex for the occasional migraine.

Anyways, not sure if any of that helps but maybe a visit to the neurologist would help your son too! I hope you find some relief quickly! Headaches are so miserable to deal with!