View Single Post
Old 07-20-2020, 08:22 PM
Sweet Cheeks

profile gallery send pm

This is exactly why back in the discussion of the Shutterfly (I think it was Shutterfly?) books I was so hesitant to give up my way and switch to printing bound books. The bound books are SO pretty I think. But like someone else has said, my memory is not what it used to be. Fibromyalgia screws with your memory and daily cognitive functions - I've just given it the affectionate term "swiss cheese brain". The most random useless stuff is there as strong as it was when it happened, other stuff has fallen through the holes. So when I'm scrapping I often can't remember exact dates and have to look back and hope there's a date stamp in the file information. I sometimes can't remember where the picture was taken, or what we were doing or why we were there. A few pictures I have, I've had to ask my husband so I could finish the layouts. And when I've printed my layouts and I'm slipping them into page protectors, it's not an unusual thing for me to have a brief case of...well, I guess you could call it a sort of dyslexic episode. To accidentally put a layout from (example) September 2019 in front of August 2019 or something like that, and then a month or two later when I pop the album out to glance through I realize my mistake. With individual pages in protectors I can do that as many times as I need, if I switched to bound books I'd better hope I get it right the first time.

Not to mention, I can print all those layouts as out of order as I want, and I'll just put them in chronological order or whatever order I want when I receive them. That's the biggest positive for me. I'll always still have a backlog of unprinted layouts that I'm waiting to print, but not because they're in too random of an order to do anything with.

Kudos to you who have found the inner peace to be able to say "I don't care if they're in chronological order, what's important is having them in albums for my families to enjoy". Deep down inside I feel that way too, but my OCD is a bully who shoves that sentiment aside and says "Are you really going to listen to this sappy loser?"