View Single Post
Old 07-02-2022, 03:03 PM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by angiekey View Post
Welcome back! I'll be watching this thread to see what kind of feedback you get from the rest of the community about app scrapping. I've dabbled in it a little, but quickly became frustrated - probably because I can do everything so quickly on my PC, and I'm spoiled by a multiple monitor set-up.

I've used the Project Life app for very simple block- or grid-based pages. The app itself is free, but you have to pay for the feature that allows you to add text on top of images. That's the only way to journal on photos or cards you don't buy in the app but, instead, import as JPGs. That's how you would use your SSD supplies in the PL app - you bring them in like they're photographs.

I've also briefly played with using the mobile version of Photoshop (not a fan) as well as an app called Procreate (which I like a lot more, but I still don't have as much control with layer styles as I do with Photoshop on my PC). Procreate does support clipping masks, so there's definitely some good possibility there for scrapbooking, and you can find plenty of Procreate how-to videos online. Plus, it has native support for the Apple Pencil!

The best way I've found to bring scrapping supplies over to my iPad is via the cloud. I use Dropbox, but Apple's iCloud Drive or Google Drive will work too. I find it easiest to store my files there rather than transfer them en masse to my iPad. If you move them to your iPad, you have to use the Photos system to browse through them, which is a total pain, because there's no easy organization and they're mixed in with your pics. Instead, when I need to get to a journaling card, for example, I use the Import option in Procreate, navigate to Dropbox, then to the folder for whatever kit, and select the card I need.

You can also set up a split-screen view with Procreate on one side and Dropbox docked on the other, and then drag-and-drop your card straight into your Procreate canvas.

The more I'm writing about this, the more I'm thinking I need to spend some time playing with scrapping on my iPad. I'll probably always be able to do more with Photoshop CC on my PC, but a more streamlined way of iPad scrapping might keep me from taking 6 hours to make a layout!
Good info! Thanks! I’ve been looking at Photoshop and also looked at Procreate as those seem to be the most widely used. Yup…I also have been researching how to pull things across from MacBook to ipad so I don’t have to move all of my kits to ipad (that would take up way too much space and I’m pretty sure I’ll be updating and buying new kits soon!).

It appears that if I use PS, I would have to subscribe to it for the MacBook and it would carry over to the ipad vs just getting it for the ipad. I would then be able to float my pages across to save back on my MacBook (I think).