Thread: My life..
View Single Post
Old 10-14-2008, 04:11 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

its funny that you all want him to move out instead; that's just what my mom said. i just got off the phone with her. she's not surprised that this could be happening. he's always sort of been very selfish about things even before he went to iraq. its just multiplied with the PTSD. the only reason he suggested i move instead is because he didnt think that i'd be able to afford to keep up with this house (utilites etc.) we own it; we don't have a mortgage. we just have a lot of unfinished home repairs that he just stopped doing. He's thinking that he would only have to pay me what he gets for the kids at the end of the month through social security (he's cosidered disabled and can't work) at around $600. Well i'm going to be really specific here. He gets VA compensation on the first of every month, a little over $3000. then on the fourth Wednesday he gets $1075. so thats a little over $4000 a month. i just found a calculator online for Indiana Child support and roughly, it said he'd have to give me $259/week. that's around $1036 a month. maybe a little more maybe a little less if i knew some more specifics or whatever. so that should be enought for me to pay for my utiliities, food, cable, internet (though unfortunately, internet really isn't a necessity. obviously i want to keep it but if i may have to cut things that arent' necessary). so i almost want to laugh that is almost twice what he thought lol. plus if i do find work and he does help pay for half of our $650 car payment i know i'd be fine. and it would be easier for him to het low income housing or to just move in with his mommy or something.

thanks for all your kind words. i'm paritally hoping this won't happen, but also sort of believe it could be good for us if he actually does realize that he does love me and can start to be a better husband.

oh, and we do sort of go to counseling through the VA though its more for his PTSD than for marriage but we both go together. so its sort of like marriage counseling. but he's very stubborn.

Last edited by junebug; 10-14-2008 at 04:13 PM.