View Single Post
Old 09-21-2019, 12:39 PM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

I second StacyLynn's suggestion to have him evaluated for ADD, OCD, etc. He may resist, but you should insist. We went through this with our oldest - he is extremely smart, but just didn't seem to care. He was good at hiding all of his anxiety to everyone, even us. He avoided 'life' by reading and playing video games. I'm convinced he is very high-functioning autistic, but we have never had that officially diagnosed. Getting him on medication helped a lot. He was treated for OCD and depression at the end of high school. It was easier when he was younger and we could make him take it. He is an adult now and has chosen not to take medication, and we have to accept that. He is happy with where he is at, even if we would like more for him. He does still live in my house. He works full time and pays us rent and for other expenses. I know where he is and what he is doing and that he eats a decent meal at least once a day. Maybe he will want more for himself in the future, but maybe not and we need to be OK with that because I would always be worrying about him otherwise.