View Single Post
Old 01-13-2011, 05:57 AM
Sweetie Pie

profile gallery send pm

Total 33 Points
27 Primary Points
6 Bonus Points

I know there are only 5 NR points credited in each portfolio, but I was unsure as to whether 2 of my NR pages would count as they were posted late (please see note at bottom of thread) so I did some extra challenges and added another new release to make sure I achieved the 30 point target. Hope that's ok

#2 - January is a time to start anew, reevaluate, begin, make changes etc. Scrap a page using the word FRESH. (1 point)

#3 - A popular New Years Resolution is to lose weight. We challenge you to lose a little weight on your pages. Create a page using 3 elements or less. No repeats! (1 point)

#5 - It's a new year and a clean slate. Let's create a really clean page by not using any patterned paper on the page. (1 pt + 1NR Cindy Schneider Super 7’s 2 template page 3 and 4 Released 1/8 Posted 1/15 (please see note dated 2011.1.14) = 2 Points)

#8 - New Year, New Beginning - lots of people start the year with significant plans like moving, redeveloping, dieting, changing jobs, going back to school. Whats your Big Plan? Journal about its beginning, and add a little about why you're going for it in 2011! (1pt + 1NR KCB Sweet Escape released 1/8 posted 1/16 (please see note dated 2011.01.14) = 2 pts

# 9 - Use the journal prompt "What if..." let inspiration lead you! (1 point)

# 15 - Lots of people choose a positive word/mantra/motto for a new start, New Year - whats yours? Create a LO to look back on throughout the year to refocus yourself on that one little word. (1 pt)

# 16 - Sometimes you just can't get your layout right.. Try combining TWO templates together to create one layout. Mix it up, Be creative! (1pt + 1NR I love Cocoa (KCB) Released 1/1 Posted 1/7 = 2 Points)

# 17 - We're all changing, every minute of every day life grows and moves forward. Scrap about how you, or a loved one has changed over the past year. (1 point)

# 19 - Inspiration! "My fondest memories of the past year are the ones that include you." – Bill Vaughan Create a layout inspired by this quote. (1pt + 1NR Cindy Schneider – Single #2 XOXO template Released 1/15 posted 1/21 = 2 points)

# 20 - January 23rd is Measure Your Feet Day - scrap some photos of feet...in your fuzzy socks, running through the grass, nestled in front of the fireplace or in your favorite pair of shoes. (1 pt)

# 22 Check out this rad pillow create a layout using 12 descriptive words to describe what 2010 meant to you. (2 pts)

# 23 - January 27th is Punch the Clock Day - scrap your day with time stamps for each photo...maybe this will inspire you to do a whole Week in Your Life series. (2 pts + 1NR Cindy Schneider Super 7s template 3 pg 4 (modified) Released 1/8 Posted 1/13 = 3 points)

# 24 - Use one of the quotes on this ad image as a starting point for a layout. You can use the line in your layout or just be inspired by the sentiment. Let us know which statement you chose! Laugh at yourself not at those around you... (2 points)

# 25 - Swing by Print Pattern & check out all the gorgeous inspiration. Don't be afraid to go bold! Create a layout featuring a bold print background. (Ex. Florals, bright doodles etc. Don't always rely on those polka dots & simple stripes for patterned backs!) (2 points)

# 28 - 1 thing 6 times. Be inspired by Ali Edwards December Daily, Day 23. Create a layout that showcases 1 thing in six different pictures. Maybe it's a person, or what you wore this week, or what you ate for dinner...the choice is yours. Your layout has to feature 6 different pictures of your 1 chosen thing. (2 points)

# 29 - What have you done today, this week, this month that you're proud of? Take a moment for a little self esteem boost and scrap about something that you're proud of, and inspires you to keep going. From the simple, to the huge.. you know you have plenty to be proud of in yourself! (2 Points)

# 31 - The way we see ourselves is often different than the way others see us. Perception changes the way people interact with you, and how you carry yourself. Scrap three pages each featuring a different perception: The way others see you, The way you see yourself, and The way you wish you were. (5 Points + 1pt NR) (Crazy Good, Eva Kipler and Melissa Bennett released 1/22 posted 1/27)

The way others see you...

The way I see myself...

How I'd like others to see me...

2011.01.14 - OOPS!!! I am brand new to digital scrapping and the portfolio challenges - and loving it! However... when I went to upload my next completed layouts last night and again this morning (Australian time) I received a dreaded upload limit at the members gallery - I was not aware that there was a limit and I still have two more layouts using NR to upload in the next 5 hours before the week is up to be elligable for the extra points Anyway, to sum it up, in case I am not sucessful in uploading them in time, they are #8 'Our Big Plans' - using KCB Sweet Escape and #5 'So much Dirt, so little Time' - using CS templates. If I am sucessful at uploading them I will obviously put them straight in my thread, but if not - then hopefully it might still count... here's hoping.

Last edited by tonia; 01-30-2011 at 08:55 AM.