View Single Post
Old 10-05-2019, 08:42 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I am a super positive person. I was not always like this. At one point in my life I was so negative that I could barely stand to be around myself. I knew that wasn't 'me' but it was hard to get past. I can find a silver lining in most every situation. Sometimes things are much more difficult, but I sure do look for that positive aspect of the situation. I think sometimes others are bothered by this though. Someone I work with made a comment that felt really snarky to me about how I always find the good in every situation. I hope it wasn't intended how it sounded, but it sure made me want to stop sharing those positive insights.

Something positive that has happened lately? Well, this was an INCREDIBLY hard week. It was one in which it was very hard to find anything positive. Our community was rocked with a tragedy. The positive, I got to see my uncle, unexpectedly, at work on Friday. I'm in my 40's and I've saw him less than 10 times in my life, but we keep in touch and have been rather close. Anyway, I work at the elementary school that he went to as a child. (I didn't grow up around here and he lives a few hours away now) He came into town for his 50th high school reunion (the first he's attended) and he wanted to see his old elementary school. I showed him around it it turns out he graduated with our secretary. It was kind of cool.