View Single Post
Old 05-02-2020, 11:13 AM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

I'm sorry if the photography prompt has caused any confusion.

Basically polarizing filters help to reduce reflections from water as well as metal and glass; they improve the colors of the sky and foliage [usually by darkening their saturation] and will help give your photos the WOW factor.

Nearly all photo apps now come equipped with a polarization filter function... but if you don't have one, it's really not that big of a deal. Just pick something that gives a similar effect. It's simply about enhancing photos by reducing glare, sharpening details, and darkening colors.

Here's a few more side by side example of what effects a polarization filter has on a photo:

Without Filter......................................With Filter

Does that help you guys to see/visualize the difference? I do most of my photo editing on my phone using apps [there are sooo many fantastic freebies!]... but if you don't work that way, or you don't have an app that offers a polarization function just go ahead & edit your photos like you normally would, trying to shoot for similar results. I think Jacinda's tips above would make that approach easy. Sound good? Please let me know if you still have any other questions.

Last edited by lingovise; 05-02-2020 at 11:30 AM.