View Single Post
Old 12-30-2019, 03:55 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

New Year's Eve - We usually go out for Chinese to get our fortune cookie. Then go to the radio station. My father-in-law has a radio show that he plays big band music... my husband goes up to help get the system set up with special liners (that he recorded) and since the weather is nice, we will run up as a family tape the Midnight Countdown. My son will record jokes (used to be Jokes with Jakey, now it's Mr. Wizard, Junior - my FIL is Mr. Wizard). Jake and I will play games until it's time to leave... FIL is on the air... my husband is working on things behind the scenes. Then we have to be home by midnight as it is tradition to eat 12 pieces of herring by the stroke of midnight - one piece per month for financial success. In years past we would stay at a hotel over night either in Shawano (where the radio show is, about 45 min north of where we live) or locally at a hotel/small waterpark)... but I don't think we are doing that this year.

New Year's Day... we lounge and eat pork and sauerkraut - another tradition for good health and wealth.