View Single Post
Old 06-30-2011, 04:16 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jengerbread88 View Post
They do it to protect themselves. If the copyright holder were to find out, and enforce it, then the store could be in trouble for allowing people to print it there... as in, they could get sued a LOT more than the individual consumer could, just for letting it happen.

Not that it's okay, because it's not, but it's just kind of how it happens...
I can understand. I'm also sure the guys in the lab just follow some rules given by their employer.

It truly is something new to me. This kind of over-protection doesn't happen over here. Nobody sues ordinary people over copyright. If they do, I don't know about it. Still I'm 100% sure that copyright issues are handled / regarded very much differently in Europe. To take them over-seriously is an American thing. And to expect a lab to play police is plain ridiculous in my view... It's not a criticism, you know, things are the way they are, I'm pretty sure that many European things must seem totally off to you! It's just that I'm fascinated by the fact that you take pictures / make scrapbook pages and the store won't allow you to print them or even go as far as to shred them. That said, I suspect this is more an exception as a rule, and maybe it happens only with this particular lab.

Last edited by adrianka; 06-30-2011 at 04:23 PM.