View Single Post
Old 03-17-2020, 09:53 AM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

Pretty sure my twins' college graduation will be cancelled before too long - it was supposed to be April 30 - since they announced yesterday that they were indeed going to make everyone in on-campus housing move out. I had only made hotel reservations for that trip and they can be cancelled easily at this point still. It is disappointing, but at the same time they are mostly concerned about just getting to graduate regardless of whether they can walk across a stage in a cap and gown. The university announces changes practically every day lately and it doesn't seem like they have thought through, or maybe not even bothered to ask all of the departments, how that will affect their students.
Carissa is a nursing student and yesterday they were told that they were not allowed to precept at the hospitals anymore - while she was in the midst of a 12hr shift, which means she doesn't have all of her hours completed for that which was supposed to be a requirement for finishing. She also had lots of hours still left to complete for her community health class that can't be done now; those she thinks they can just give them computer simulations that will meet the requirement somehow. My computer engineering daughter, Elizabeth, has senior projects to finish that she can only do on campus in the engineering computer lab and she isn't allowed to go there. Last week they were saying that they would be allowed to, but now that has changed. At least they live in apartments off-campus so their housing situation is stable for the time being, but they have friends who are scrambling to find someplace to go. Elizabeth's fiance had a housing scholarship and has to move out of his campus apartment by next weekend.
Elizabeth and Cameron's wedding is planned for June 28. We are now in the initial phase of thinking about what to do if we have to, or should, cancel it. We have until the beginning of May to cancel the venue and get our deposit back. Of course we just ordered the printed invitations last week