View Single Post
Old 02-02-2021, 02:17 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I love our home for the most part. It is showing some wear like dishwasher needs replacing, we just had to replace the water softener and the back door. Overall though I love our location, we are in a gated subdivision. We live in the back on a cul-de-sac of another cul-de-sac. There aren't houses on one part of it just the back of a house...so there is a lot of room for playing and running up and down our street to the cul-de-sac at the bottom of the hill. We have lived here almost 11 years now and know all of our neighbors pretty well and the ones that have kids all play together. When COVID hit we were cautious about keeping the outside, spaced apart but they have been a quarenteam since Day 1. It is a little gang of about 12 kids and on any given day you will hear the screams of them running around playing ball, drawing on someone's driveway or riding bikes. The kids got creative over the summer with box fans on the porches since it got to 100 degrees here. They would watch movies on the porches since I wanted to keep distance and didn't let them in the house.

The other thing I love which got cancelled this year was swimming. We have a neighborhood pool and a neighborhood swim team. The kids can compete with other neighborhoods in the city. It is great opportunity to meet neighbors that don't live on my street and get to know folks around us. Our neighborhood does a Fourth of July parade and picnic, little parties for Easter, Winter and more...It is a great place to live for sure.