View Single Post
Old 02-07-2021, 12:54 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Love- when we bought our home it was at the very top of our budget & we knew it was a stretch but we were living in my inlaws basement so.we had built up a really good savings & down payment. At the time there were no other houses built past us in the gated community and now there are no more vacant lots. I often joke we are the cheapest house in the neighborhood (not really true) or we're in the cheap seats at the bottom of the hill (some of the house on the top of the hill are million dollar houses!) But it's been a good investment. If we sold now we would double what we paid! Crazy!

I also love our location- just outside of "city" limits but only 5 miles to the freeway & 20 mins to downtown area. We are literally close to everything but still get deer & moose & other wildlife thru the neighborhood.

I love that the kids have lots of other kids to play with in the neighborhood too!

And my most favorite thing- we have an upstairs laundry room (2nd story where the 4 bedrooms are!) It's the best not having to lug laundry up/down stairs!

Lastly I have a love/hate relationship to the size of this house. It's huge. Which means a lot of house to maintain. We just finished our daylight basement last year adding a theater area, kitchenette, bedroom & bathroom so that brings us to 5 bedrooms/4bathrooms! I have an office and the kids have a loft/playroom. It's ALOT to clean. We have definitely talked about downsizing once kids are grown & gone!