Thread: San Antonio
View Single Post
Old 06-11-2014, 07:21 PM
Just a Scrapper

profile gallery send pm

Do every single cave available - I'm not sure if they have the same names anymore, but the cave system in the area is great. Go eat at the original Rudy's BBQ on 10 & Leon Springs Rd. It's a chain BBQ that started in a gas station a long time ago. (then drive by my grandmother's old old in the little neighborhood there and tell me how it looks now lolol) There's a children's museum in downtown that is really good. I love the Japanese Gardens and he zoo and the little train that runs outside of it. The Whitney Museum is there in that area, too. The market in downtown is a fun place to visit, and the RIverwalk is a must, and then do it again at Christmas time. If your kids are little, skip the Alamo, but if they're a little older, it's a good visit (but can be underwhelming because it is quite small from what everyone expects - also in downtown). There is a state park on Hwy 46 north of town on the River that is fun to spend the day at, and going into San Marcos to go tubing is really fun. It's nice to drive through the hill country towards Comfort and Kerrville off I-10 is lovely, too. I'd skip Ripley's, but never did the Clown Museum. Of course there's always Fiesta TX & Seaworld. The brewery tour was kind of cool, but not as a kid, most likely. We loved eating at Mamacita's just north of the I-10/410 intersection. I never did the Hall of the Americas (the cultural museum in downtown), and the Hemisphere Tower is one of those sure..gotta do it one time at some point things. I'm sure there's lots of other things, but I can't remember them right now.