View Single Post
Old 01-01-2021, 11:00 PM
Sweet Tart

profile gallery send pm
Default Help please! wishlist & sale shopping advice needed

Help please! I need to ask how people manage their wishlist and how you shop in the sales as what I'm doing is SO not working. I've just missed out in buying in the sale yet again, after going through item after item carefully for hours and it's driving me crazy at wasting so much time and missing out on things I really wanted. I am clearly doing this all wrong, so please, any advice is very much appreciated!

My wish list is huge. HUGE. I still love most of the things in it, and of course keep adding more. I get frustrated that I can't sort or manage it in any way. Ideally, I would love to be able to make separate lists for each designer and for specific events. This would absolutely be my No.1 scrapping wish.

Fast forward to sale time, like iNSD or the Going Going Gone sale that's just finished. I mess up almost every time. I'm pretty anal and can't remember what I've bought previously, so I go through things one at a time and look closely to note the things I love most. I know I can't afford half of what I want, so decisions have to be made. Pretty normal there I think.

There's no point saving things into the wishlist whilst I'm deciding because it's already so big, and there's no way to separate these items from the others. So instead I simply load up the cart and then start to cull to my budget. But what happens so often is that it takes so long to do it this way that, like today, I end up missing out completely. I might have over a hundred items in my cart when I start and I need to get it right down to under 10 at the very most. I can't find any way to export the info to another program to make it easier to sort or review. And because EVERYTHING is in the cart, I can't just buy my "must haves" and then make a second purchase from the others once I have decided. So in the end I usually miss out entirely.

So please everyone, hit me with your best tips to get me out of this nightmare. The only thing I can think of is to open additional accounts just to be able to use the wishlists, but this is not ideal for lots of reasons.

Thank you and wish everyone a safe and happy 2021 x