Thread: QOTW: 12/29
View Single Post
Old 12-29-2020, 07:18 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcgal00 View Post
I switched from a low carb plan to a high carb/low fat plan (plant based/vegetarian).

It was a much easier transition than I expected, I guess b/c I've always struggled a bit with meat texture and meat fat, so am not even missing it, having replaced it with other foods. Being low carb for years (for weight loss), I forgot how much I loved them (I'm remembering quickly now lol). I'm really enjoying beans, starches, lots of veggies/fruit and whole grains.

For the holiday season, my go-to dessert recipes had too much oil/butter so I found some lower fat recipes to try and they were a hit (chocolate chip cookies and snickerdoodle cookies). My favorite food this holiday season was stuffing. I made gluten free stuffing (b/c of my daughter's sensitivity to wheat) and enjoyed a huge helping of that for two days. It had been yrs since I had made homemade stuffing b/c I wasn't eating the carbs so just bought a boxed mix for hubs. He didn't enjoy the GF version as much as we did but I will start making a whole grain bread version now and again for him and I. My other fave was mashed potatoes with cream cheese and butter (not on plan for me but hey, it was the holiday time so a little indulging is good).

It'll be interesting to see how I do in 2021 with my plant based/vegetarian eating plan. So far so good.

If you find something along the way, feel free to share it! I know I'm always looking for new, tried/true recipes to make for the family.

I'm currently enjoying Triple Zero Oikos Yogurt Protein shakes in mixed berry (the only one I can eat without getting sick). I really am thankful that I found them!