Thread: Time Management
View Single Post
Old 01-15-2019, 01:53 AM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

I put everything on my Google calendar with reminders, but I also like to keep a wall calendar in the kitchen. I bought a really cheap, simple calendar at Target PLUS a set of 10 highlighters, and I color code everybody's stuff on my physical calendar just like I do on the Google calendar. It's so helpful to see at a glance who's doing what each week; it helps me plan our meals and know when I need to make sure I have a book in my bag for long waits.

Yesterday, I downloaded ColorNote to keep track of my to-do list because I am ALWAYS getting somewhere, feeling overwhelmed and forgetting what I came for. I've consulted my electronic to-do list a dozen times already and it really helps me stay on task. (Plus also my to-do list is hanging on a clipboard at my desk. I figure the more reminding I get, the more likely I am to follow through.)

My greatest trick for time management, though, is to put my computer up where I'm not constantly tempted to sit down for "just a sec" and then lose the rest of my day!