Thread: Mother's Day
View Single Post
Old 05-01-2020, 06:35 AM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoCee View Post
hmm, we not huge on celebrating mothers' day/fathers' day as we don't like the 'one day to say I love you' connotation to the whole thing.

That being said, I have a mother who thinks if she doesn't get her 'Mothers' Day' it's the end of the world. So, I have to do something for her, the problem is that her birthday is on the 7th and mothers day is the 10th and it's just too much for me (unfortunately our relationship has always been very fractious so......)

As for me from mine, I just want them to be safe, happy and healthy. Sundays are our take away/family movie night at the moment and that's more important to me than Mothers' Day tbh.

Hope all of you who celebrate, get to enjoy every second and are spoilt rotten.
stay safe and enjoy xx
I think as my youngest gets older the celebrating/recognition for Mother's Day will probably diminish. My older two (about to graduate high school) well... that kind of thing is not on their "radar." lol The youngest, before we homeschooled, he went to half-day preK and Kindergarten where they made a little gift and card for Mother's Day. And since then at Sunday School at church they've always made a little card or something. He's had his Sunday School through Zoom on the iPad this past month, though.