View Single Post
Old 03-22-2021, 03:33 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm
Default On Cloud Nine: Photobook, EHD, Relief, Happiness!!!

Oh, ladies, I am on Cloud Nine!

I've given details of my EHD situation in other threads. Long story short: backup to external company was not current and EHD got dropped. Computer wouldn't connect to it. Local places and through-the-internet places couldn't access the files. There were about 4.5 years of pictures on it.

The company I mailed it to got a new EHD of my files to me on Friday. About less than one percent of the files were corrupt. I can see the thumbnail/preview of the corrupt pictures but there is a bar of color across them when pulled up. I can live with that percent. (I have no choice!) I now have the files from the EHD they sent me copied to an additional EHD and Backblaze is in the process of backing them up.

And, I ordered, five days ago, a photobook of layouts made over the past 12/13 months from Shutterfly. And it came today! What rock have I been living under?! Why have I always just printed my layouts at home? Maybe because I don't scrap in any particular order and I can rearrange albums how and when I feel like it. But that's not always ideal. I just let this Shutterfly book be totally random. And I LOVE it! It had the 111 page maximum. But, I used a layout on the front cover and one on the back. So...it's really 113 layouts. lol Couldn't fit them all from the past year in that book, so I'll certainly be ordering another book sometime.

So, I am so relieved to get my lost pictures back. It's been a problem for a year now. And I hadn't seen them for over a year prior to that. So, it's been over 2 years since I have seen those pictures and videos. What a delight to see my little fella as an infant and toddler again. And I am so happy with that photobook!

Just rambling away to you all, knowing you'd understand.

Last edited by SweetChar; 03-22-2021 at 04:56 PM.