View Single Post
Old 03-18-2020, 01:21 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

We live in a pretty rural area with lots of small businesses and not a lot of big box stores. Things are getting pretty rough around here. We are anticipating huge losses, even more changes, and even more difficulty coming back from all the closures.
For us, we both work full time and all 6 of our kids are school age, the youngest is in PK and the oldest is a 7th grader. 3 of them live with us fulltime, 4th, 5th, 7th graders...so trying to figure out how we can keep working AND homeschooling. Along with the uncertainty of our industry (wood products/lumber - non-essential!).

I tried doing some scrap therapy last night, and the page turned out as messy as my head! I'll probably give it another go tonight. Trying to avoid social media and news as much as possible. Talking to kids about how things are going to be different for at least next 6 weeks and how I need their help to get through it with as minimal of impact as possible (ie: STOP fighting over stupid stuff).

I"ll be talking to our GM tomorrow about the possiblity of intermitant WFH so that I can manage both kids/work and still have an income.

Anxiety is through the roof; not because we're afraid of getting sick, but more that the dynamics of our lives are currently SO different.