View Single Post
Old 09-23-2022, 03:29 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

When we built this house about 10 years ago- it was painted ALL (all walls and ceilings) a khaki beige color. While I liked it at the time, it has made the rooms appear darker than they are even with big windows to let in natural light. Just this year it was due for a refresh so I went with the color we had the basement painted when we finished that a few years ago- it's called Silver Cloud & it's an almost white gray. We have all dark wood trim & floors & the contrast looks so good! During Spring Break, I painted our upstairs playroom, the hallways & the stairway (holy heck that was HARD!) along with all the ceilings in those rooms too. We've done the bedrooms different colors over the years, so I left those rooms the way they were. My daughter's room is a light teal & medium gray, son's room is dark navy & dark gray, the spare room was my son's baby nursery, so it has blue chevrons I painted as an accent wall & a couple blue walls with the khaki, and our master is a super pretty greenish blue accent wall (I stenciled a diamond pattern with high gloss over the flat paint- so pretty!) with the builder khaki. Then during a week in Summer break, I did our main living floor- the living room, kitchen, dining area, hallway, mudroom, bathroom & office as well as ALL the ceilings. LET me just say this- I will never do all of that again. We will sell & move before I paint this entire house again! lol I did get quotes to have it done professionally, but it was SO expensive! I'm just too cheap & knew I could do it myself for less!

Link to album with pics (since we painted, we also redid our kitchen backsplash too!)
https://photos.app.goo.gl/i9XMGrZarbR4Qt2WA