View Single Post
Old 08-27-2020, 08:52 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Our kids' school gave us 3 choices. They can go to school 5 days a week (face-to face), do 'virtual school' which they subconctracted out to some IU13 program, or they can go all homeschool. My kids are all doing face to face. They miss their friends, teachers, and a sense of normalcy. I think its so very important for their physical and mental health to be among their peers again. My kids are in 11th, 8th, and 5th. My oldest is going to our county's career and technology center for culinary arts. She just started on Tuesday. It's only for two hours and then she'll go back to her high school. She hasn't been able to ger her driver's liscense yer (thanks, COVID!), so we have been taking her to that every morning, but once school offically starts, I don't know how I'm going to get her to school and be home to get my youngest on the bus. She only has 5 kids in her class and she made a new girl friend that she's excited about and she really likes her teacher/chef. She has to wear a full chef's uniform and everything! I'm so glad that the CTC is open. She lost so many opportunities last year that she really needed this. The first day was a bit chaotic, but she managed. Their school district starts on Sept 1, and we don't even know what time the school day is starting or when they are to get the bus. Still a bit to figure out...