View Single Post
Old 08-27-2020, 09:05 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by knittingbec View Post
We started last Thursday & are online only until at least October. When the city of Anchorage is below 30 cases (not sure if that means "new" or "active" cases?), then they'll have half of the students go 2 days & the other half the other 2, with everyone doing online the 5th day.

My kids' classes/teachers seem organized, but the school itself seems to be operating at the last minute.

Both of my kids' teachers are very sweet & I can see the effort they're putting in to make this work. But...my son's teacher was doing a lesson on feelings & asked them to name & describe a feeling & my son unmuted & said "Bored. It's basically how I'm feeling in this class." Not my proudest mom moment....... There is now a sign in his workspace with big bold letters reading: Pleasant. Polite. Positive.
LOL! My son had such a hard time with the virtual stuff last year. He's only 10 and he was so bored! I really don't think he learned ANYTHING. The few assignments he was given were things he did in maybe 2nd or 3rd grade and Half the time, only 5-6 kids would show up in their group zoom meetings. His teacher never corrected them if they had a wrong answer and by the end of the school year, she just kept telling them to "do your best" and "stop if you get frustrated!" which didn't teach them anything and most kids just stopped participating at all. It was really just a complete waste of a year. I feel like they have SO much to catch up on now. Love the "pleasant, polite, positive!"